7DRL Day 2 - Dungeon Walls

This is the end of day 2 for my Seven Day Roguelike (7DRL) entry. I did some color changes on the game screen. Background is now black. Maze walls are turquoise. The player is white.

I have added random interior maze generation. Also sprinkled in some gold in the maze. The player can hold down an arrow key, and the player can automatically move in that direction. I implemented checks so that you cannot walk through walls. There is a gold counter. When you move over top of a gold stack, you get +10 gold.

Next I will need to add some enemy monsters. They will need to follow the player to do battle. I will then need to implement battles. This will require the player having hit points which decrease when they are hit. The monsters will need their own hit points to see if they die due to battle. That might be enough for tomorrow.

No comments: