Short Bow of Amrod

Recently I found the Short Bow of Amrod. I was excited when I read an *identify* scroll to figure out how this weapon would help me. It speeds my regeneration. That will allow me to free up my amulet slot (current I wear an amulet of regeneration). More importantly, the bow gives me a +2 bonus to both my strength and constitution. Both of these stats are low for me because I am a mage. This weapon should have little detriment as I already have an empty slot for a bow.

To tell the truth, I really don't know much about Amrod himself. All I do know is that he was a son of Feanor. His father Feanor is a much more famous character. Feanor made the Simarils. He also gave Melkor the name of Morgoth. And that is is who we are trying to defeat in the game of Angband. Who knows? Perhaps this bow from Amrod will help me to eventually achieve this goal.

No comments: