Assault Fish; Airship Dragoon; RiftRL

Now that I finished my 7DRL entry, I want to check out what others have done this year. First up is Assault Fish. Hey. The splash screen looks good. However when I ran it, I got a "Java Exception Error" message. Then the program ends.

Next I tried out Airship Dragoon Rogue. The thing had a professional looking install. But then when I ran the program, I got an error stating that X3DAudio was missing from my computer. Maybe I don't have DirectX v9 on my computer. Too bad because I was looking forward to the 3D Rogue.

Next up is RiftRL. I downloaded the program and ran it. Got an error stating a folder was missing in the executable directory. I created the folder and tried again. It gave me the same error. I am starting to see a pattern here with the 7DRL entries.

1 comment:

Eben said...

Assault Fish is my game. It's likely that you don't have the newest version of Java installed (which was 7u51 at the 7dRL, but is 8 now).

There's also some issues with it locking up on boot for people on Linux that I'm trying to track down, maybe an OpenJDK issue...

I recommend trying the latest version, with Java 8 installed