In college I played Nethack. Then I moved to Moria. Now I stick to playing Angband.
We Have a Winner
I have finished the minimal set of features to declares this year's roguelike entry a success. I made sure instructions come up in the initial messages at the start of the game. Also added some simple help that repeats these initial messages. Put in a number of different monsters. I cheated a bit at the end. There are around 5 different types of dragons.
Towards the end I was really hacking the code. This was not because I did not have enough time. I am finishing about a day and a half early. I just was not in the mood to design the code the correct way at the end. It has been a long week of coding. Now I should probably get back to studying for my XML college class.