Roguelike Next Steps

I performed a redesign on the code for my roguelike game engine. Changed the way I stored items that were in the player's inventory or equipment list. This made a lot of the routines simpler and more generic. Now I have the power to implement additional items such as potions, rings, amulets, and wands.

But I think I might change directions. Implementing more items is just an extension of what I have already. I need something new. I think it is time to add monster opponents into the game engine.

Monsters have some different behavior. They fight you. That adds some real time battle code. Right now the controls are just the player moving around the dungeon and interacting with items. I got to consider monster movement now as well. Also need to implement the hit points system for both players and monsters. Let's see where this leads.

No comments: