Weaponry

Previously I had implemented armor. You could find it in the dungeon and pick it up. Armor showed up in your inventory. You could drop the armor you picked up. Today I implemented weapons.

It turns out that weapons are similar to armor. They have a name. You can pick them up. They show up in your inventory. You can drop them if they are in your inventory. They have a symbol for display purposes.

In programming terms, I found that armor and weapons share properties and functionality. I was able to determine that these are two specific cases of the general idea of items. Once I got the item behavior down, making some weapons that are items was easy.

I hope this mean that other item types such as potions, rings, and amulets are also easy to add. I think I am getting the hang of this.

No comments: