Equipment

Today I just about implemented equipment in my roguelike game engine. You can wield armor. When you wield another armor of the same type, your new choice replaces the old. The the old armor gets put back into your inventory. I can show what armor you have wielded.

One thing on the TO DO list is to handle the wielding of weapons. It should be easier than armor since I only allow 1 slow for weapon holding right now. I also need to complete the implementation of taking off an item your have worn. Got to deal with a full inventory, as well as presenting the user with a list of what you are wearing.

On a positive note, I got the armor class working. The AC gets updated when you wield something. This takes base armor plus armor bonus into account. I like that. Once I finished the TO DO items, I am really going to want to create some unique armor with really high AC.

No comments: