Fact or Fiction

I just started playing Fictional Rogue. This game is written in Java. You are provided with the jar file. So you must invoke the thing from the command line. My first impression is a good one. The dungeon is set on a grid. Rooms are outlined in bold. There does not seem to be any color. But the graphics are impressive.

The docs says that a context free grammar parser is used to manage the messages. Not sure what all that means. But I did find a bunch of unusual items in the dungeon. There were some statues where I started out. Found a bunch of bones and a chair as well.

I was looking for some weapons or gold. Perhaps the weird items will come in handy later on. I did engage some kobolds in mortal kombat already. They dropped like flies. Here's hoping that I stay alive long enough to get to the second floor.

No comments: