I was putting the finishing touches on my 7DRL entry Turambar. Today I actually finished an intro screen. It did not take that long. I felt a little guilty working on fluff like an intro screen. But it was fun to develop. Afterwards I did some testing and found some new problems. They were cosmetic. I still fixed them anyway.
I can't believe how long it took to finish some things in the game which I thought would be a breeze. I think I might continue to improve this game even after I submit it for the 7DRL contest. There is a lack of polish on some of the user interface. Who knows? Someone who plays the game might not even notice. There are some changes I would like to make that might impact gameplay significantly. For example, when someone drops a unique weapon, a monster might pick it up. Then it is lost forever. I would prefer that unique weapons reamin on the ground for the player to always discover. I also have some bugs where unique items seem to not get created as I expected. Those should be fixed as well. Perhaps in the next release or two I can solve such outstanding issues.
All in all this was an exhausting but productive 7DRL. This has got to be the most complete 7DRL I ever did. That is pretty good considering I have completed 4 or 5 of them in the past years. Now it is time to submit my entry. Good luck to all developers in finishing your games.
Be Brave to Get Work Done - I was woken up this morning from a call from work. Not a good sign. Apparently the customer found a potential problem in our delivery. I got on a conferen...
1 day ago