Sword in Hand

I downloaded and played the 7DRL Sword in Hand today. The first thing I noticed was that the game had a massive amount of files. Many of them were HTML. There were also a lot of map files. Whew. This must be a huge game.

The game takes over your whole screen. That is nice. I don't like it when I have to resize a window, or worse when it does not fit on my screen. I ran into a number of non-player characters in the game that seemed to be busy with their own duties.

I was a little disappointed that I found a lot of items, but the game told me I had no interest in them. Because I personally have a lot of interest in some plate mail laying around the house. However in this game you are a sword. So I can imagine that a sword does not use armor.

One thing I found confusing was when I entered the room with the kings. All I seemed able to do was play back some low-resolution animation of a war. Maybe I need to spend some more time with this game to change that outcome.

No comments: