Roguelike Progress

Now that I had a player moving around my maze, I figured it was time to add some monsters. Well I decided to start with just one monster. If I could get that to work, I could then expand to an array of monsters processed with a loop.

I got down to business with general Roguelike mechanics. The monster cannot walk through walls. The monster tries to move towards the player. If there is a wall in the optimal direction, the monster will try another move in the general direction of the player.

After that, I thought it was a good time to start the battle mechanics. I got the player to start hitting the monster. With enough hits the monster dies and respawns somewhere else in the maze. Now I just need the monster to hit back. Oh yeah. I also need to add some messaging to alert the player what is going on.

No comments: