Stuck in the Stygian Abyss

Okay. Time to check out other peoples' 7DRL entries. Saw a game that required MINGW. Not sure what that is. Probably means I don't have it. Next. Then I saw a game that required a certain version of Python and Pygame. I got both of those. But I have the wrong versions.

Then I spied Stygian Abyss. It just required a modern browser. That sounds like my kind of easy to install game. I pointed Internet Explorer to the URL. But I was informed "your browser does not support WEBGL". That's okay. I have Firefox for these kind of scenarios. Unfortunately Firefox infoemd me "your browser doesn't support the audio api". Ack. I clicked through anyway with Firefox.

Took a while to read the instructions on the screen. The font color matched the background color so it was hard to make out. I finally saw that WASD controlled directions. Aha. This thing is a first person perspective. I grabbed an item off the floor. But all I found were ends. I am supposed to use the mouse to turn around. Damned if I can figure out how to do that. Okay I give up.

The intro screen on Stygian reminded me of Dragons Lair. I was a bit excited at that level of splash screen polish. I bet if I could figure out the controls, I might have a good time with this one.

No comments: